61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (2024)

You are here: Home / Recipes / 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes

15 · · 32 Comments

It’s finally September… This is my favorite time of the year. Even though it’s still in the low 100’s here in Vegas, I just can’t help but bust out the pumpkin and apple recipes and pretend the air is starting to crisp-up. Today I thought I would put together a list of some fabulous autumn recipes for you guys to give a whirl. Here are 61 autumn pumpkin and apple recipes …

Breakfast

1. whole wheat pumpkin waffles /// 2. cranberry pumpkin drop cookies /// 3. pumpkin cream cheese scones with brown sugar honey glaze /// 4. baked pumpkin spice donut holes /// 5. cinnamon crepes with spiced pumpkin mousse and graham crumble /// 6. pumpkin salted caramel blondies /// 7. pumpkin spice donut holes /// 8. petite pumpkin spice donuts /// 9. pumpkin spice pancakes /// 10.pumpkin spice syrup /// 11. pumpkin butter /// 12. pumpkin cinnamon streusel pancakes ///

Breads

13. pull-apart cinnamon sugar pumpkin bread /// 14. maple pecan streusel pumpkin bread /// 15. caramel glazed apple bread ///

Drinks

16. pumpkin spice white hot chocolate /// 17. pumpkin and apple cider fizz /// 18. pumpkin pie milkshake ///

Savory

19. curried pumpkin stew /// 20. creamy pumpkin risotto with bacon and parmesan /// 21. pumpkin seed pesto /// 22. roasted pumpkin and garlic lasagna ///

Cake

23. apple stack cake /// 24. caramel apple cake /// 25. cinnamon apple cake with salted caramel /// 26. apple upside-down biscuits /// 27. autumn delight cake /// 28. apple fritters with ice cream /// 29. cinnamon roll pumpkin vanilla sheet cake /// 30. spiced apple cream cheese coffee cake /// 31. apple upside-down cake /// 32. pumpkin pie cupcake with whipped cream /// 33. salted caramel apple cupcakes ///

Bars & Candy

34. pumpkin chocolate chip bars /// 35. pumpkin cheesecake with ginger & white chocolate /// 36. pumpkin streusel bars /// 37. apple pie caramel apples /// 38. pumpkin cheesecake bites ///

Cookies

39. whoopie pies withy pumpkin buttercream frosting /// 40. apple almond snail pastries /// 41. pumpkin whoopie pies /// 42. cinnamon apple macarons with apple butter buttercream and tart green apples /// 43. chai pumpkin spiced thumbprints /// 44. pumpkin gingersnap cookies /// 45. caramel stuffed apple cider cookies /// 46. pumpkin ice cream sandwiches ///

Pies & Tarts

47. pumpkin ricotta crostata /// 48. cheater baked apple cuplettes /// 49. baked apple pancake with apple cider syrup /// 50. pecan and chocolate tart /// 51. norman apple tart /// 52. quick & easy apple tart /// 53. pumpkin pie spice /// 54. pumpkin pecan dessert in a jar /// 55. tikvenik, bulgarian pumpkin pastry /// 56. pumpkin chiffon pie ///

Pudding & Trifles

57. simple pumpkin cheesecake trifles /// 58. pumpkin pots de crème with spiced whipped cream /// 59. pumpkin pecan cheesecake pots /// 60. pumpkin leche flan /// 61. pumpkin pudding ///

I hope this provides some inspiration for you this season. What are some of your favorite autumn apple or pumpkin recipes? If you’re like me, it’s hard to choose!!

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (12)Cassie D says

OMG! I need to make every one of these!

2. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (14)Glory/ Glorious Treats says

OOH, what a gorgeous round up! Wow, I’m in the mood for pumpkin treats for sure now! (Thanks for including one of mine) =)

3. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (16)Camille @ Makoodle says

Ohhhhhh Heather!!! These look delightful! What a great round-up. Bring on fall!

4. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (17)Christian says

It’s still in the low 100s in North Texas, too! I had my first pumpkin muffin of the year yesterday. I LOVE pumpkin recipes. I can’t wait to try some of these out. Thanks for posting!!

5. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (18)Jamielyn@iheartnaptime says

Great round up! I love both combos! Mmm… can’t wait to start baking!

6. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (19)Liz @ Love Grows Wild says

Ohhh my goodness! That’s it, I’m stocking up on pumpkin tomorrow. These all look DELISH! Thanks Heather!

Love Always,
    Liz

7. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (20)Nisha @ Healthy Mom's Kitchen says

Fall is my favorite season for eating…lol 😉 Love all things apples and pumpkin! Thanks for a great post!!

8. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (21)Jasanna says

Whyyyy did you share this??? I’m drooling and I just ate dinner! 🙂 I love fall and all that it brings. Really, thanks for the share. 🙂

• 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (23)london cakes says

Awesome blog and great pics 🙂

9. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (24)Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles says

Wish I could have 1 bite of every single recipe you featured!!! Love!!! Thank you so much for including my pumpkin cheesecake bars with ginger and white chocolate – it’s much appreciated. 🙂

10. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (25)Shelly @ Shelly's Creations says

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to put this all together. I pinned it and will definately be referencing this post throughout the fall. Have a great day – Shelly

11. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (26)Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet says

61 images of aaaahhhhhhhmazingness. I am with Brenda…I wish I could sample each thing. Now I’m jonesin for some pumpkin something or another. 🙂 Thanks for the inspiration Heather!

12. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (27)Tricia says

If Fall wasn’t my favorite season – it sure is now!! Can’t wait to get baking!

13. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (28)Katie says

This post so perfectly aligns with me! My husband and I are currently stationed here in Vegas as well, and I also love the autumn season more than any other…and have already busted out the fall decorations and recipes, willing the weather to cool down. 😉 Thanks for posting this, it is so perfect, made my day!

14. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (29)Diane {Created by Diane} says

Everything looks so wonderful, I just love pumpkin and apple recipes and can’t wait for all the fall baking to begin 🙂

15. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (30)Amanda says

Wow!! Wiping the drool off my keyboard right now..

16. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (32)offshore bank account says

pumpkin spice donuts – baked, not fried. during the fall with some coffee or apple cider!

17. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (33)nest of posies says

holy moly! this is amazing!

xoxo
    kellie

18. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (35)Cakeboss says

Your blog is awesome! I saw your pinterest profile too, you are great!

19. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (36)Mrs. Price says

I have now entered heaven!!!!! Thank you for all of these! I will be busy this fall! My 3 year old is as excited as I am!

20. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (37)Vicky says

Great photos, but where are the recipes?

• 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (38)Heather says

Thanks Vicky, you need to click on the links to the various different recipes to visit the site with the recipe.

kisses

heather

61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (2024)

FAQs

Which is better, apple or pumpkin pie? ›

"Pumpkin is rich in vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin A, which is essential for eye health and immune function. It's also lower in calories and fat compared to apple pie. Pumpkin pie contains more dietary fiber than apple pie, thanks to the pumpkin puree.

How long to let pumpkin pie cool? ›

Remove the pumpkin pie from the oven and place it on a cooling rack. Let the pumpkin pie cool at room temperature for up to 2 hours. Once the pumpkin pie is cool to the touch, loosely wrap it in plastic wrap. Place the pumpkin pie in the refrigerator and store it there for up to 4 days.

What is the healthiest pie you can eat? ›

But the apple pie takes the cake when it comes to fiber and potassium, and it has less added sugar. So what's a pie aficionado to do? Well, if you want to consume fewer calories, go for the pumpkin—it almost always has fewer because of the single crust. You could also take a sliver of both pies.

Is pumpkin pie good for your stomach? ›

May improve gut health

Pumpkin is a functional food ingredient that may benefit your stomach in many ways. Its peel has polysaccharides, which help the good bacteria in your stomach grow and reduce the growth of harmful bacteria. It's high in zinc and vitamin A, which may help improve the intestinal barrier.

Can I eat 7 day old pumpkin pie? ›

According to FoodSafety.gov, homemade pumpkin pie can be stored in the refrigerator for 3–4 days. To keep your pie as fresh as possible, be sure to wrap it loosely in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.

Why is store-bought pumpkin pie not refrigerated? ›

Most pumpkin pies that are commercially produced, like those you would buy at the store, are shelf stable because they have been cooked at a higher temperature. They also typically contain preservatives and producers have carefully controlled the acidity of the pie to reduce risk of bacterial growth.

Does pumpkin pie get firm up as it cools? ›

During the pie's cooling period, between 1 and 2 hours at room temperature, the filling continues to bake and firm up. After 2 hours, a good chill in the refrigerator allows the pumpkin custard to set further.

Which has less sugar apple or pumpkin pie? ›

Pumpkin pie is a better choice. Usually, it is not as decadently dressed as apple pie, so you receive more of the fruit's nutrients— antioxidants like vitamins A and C, iron and calcium. Each piece has a whopping 43 grams less sugar than apple pie and a surprising five grams of protein.

Is apple pie high in sugar? ›

It typically contains a significant amount of sugar, flour, and fat. It is advisable to control your glucose levels before and after eating an apple pie. Eating apple pie frequently can also lead to weight gain.

Are pie pumpkins good for you? ›

Pumpkins are a heart-healthy food

“Pumpkins are rich in potassium, which can help regulate your blood pressure, lowering your risk for heart attack and stroke,” said George. “They also contain vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants, which can help prevent heart disease.”

Top Articles